The annual Apple World Wide Development Conference(WWDC) is right around the corner! Soon Apple may reveal next iOS update, iOS6 and possibly a preview of iPhone 5. I love my iPhone 4, but I am planning to upgrade once the new model comes out this year. I do have some things I hope to see either on the hardware or OS. Here are the top 5 items on my iPhone5/iOS6 wishlist.
5. 4G/LTEâ€“This wish is almost CERTAIN to come true once iPhone 5 is released. Only because the feature was introduced in the new iPad that came out just a couple of months ago. I am ready for some blazing fast speeds when I am away from a wifi connection.
4. Facetime any time.â€“Currently Facetime is only available when iPhone is on a wifi connection. It would be so great to be able to connect whenever , wherever I am. Also I have a feeling Facetime and Messages will merge on the desktop so we can take calls right on the computer.
3. Shared Data Planâ€“I suppose this has more to do with the iPhone carriers, but it would be great to share a data plan with as many devices as you want. I’ve been dreaming of an iPad with the 4gÂ but the thought of shelling out an extra $30 a month for data isn’t so great especially for how infrequently I travel. But for the times I do, it would be great to have the capability to access the network without starting up a monthly plan only to cancel it once my travel is done.
2. Larger screen sizeâ€“The rumors have been flying that the next generation of iPhone will most undoubted have a 4″ tall screen vs. the 3.5″ screen we currently have. I think bumping it up that extra .5 of an inch will be just the right size to make iPhone an even better experience. There are times I find myself wishing that screen was just a tad larger so it would be great to see that happen.
1. Update the look and functionality of iOS-While I love the functionality of my iPhone, the current design of the actual interface could use some refreshing! At this point the iOS icons with the rounded corners are beginning to look a bit dated. I know you can purchase third party themes to use with iPhone and iPad, but I really think Apple could stand to refresh the overall iOS look. Also PLEASE make the home screen(s) work horizontally and vertically! I hate when I’m reading email horizontally only to click the home button and have to turn the phone back to vertical. I’m sure it will be tricky, but I have faith in the Apple design team.
Whatever Apple will introduces in the coming months will surprise, delight and even be a let down in some cases. Until then let the speculation rage on!